Efabiovir in combination with other antiretroviral agents is indicated for the treatment of HIV-1 infection.
Dosage and Administration:
The recommended dosage of Efabiovir is 600 mg, once daily, in combination with a protease inhibitor and/or nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs).
- Dermatologic: Pruritus, Rash
- Endocrine metabolic: Serum triglycerides raised, grades 3 to 4
- Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, Nausea
- Hepatic: ALT (SGPT) level raised, grades 3 to 4, AST/SGOT level raised, grades 3 to 4, Gamma-glutamyl transferase raised, grades 3 to 4
- Neurologic: Dizziness, Headache, Insomnia
- Psychiatric: Depression, Unable to concentrate
- Other: Fever
- Dermatologic: Rash, grade 4
- Psychiatric: At risk for suicide, Depression (Severe), Psychotic disorder, Suicidal thoughts