Sodium Valproate: Valbioate (Valproate Sodium) is indicated as monotherapy and adjunctive therapy in the treatment of patients with complex partial seizures that occur either in isolation or in association with other types of seizures. Valbioate (Valproate acid) is indicated for use as sole and adjunctive therapy in the treatment of simple and complex absence seizures, and adjunctively in patients with multiple seizure types which include absence seizures.
Dosage and Administration:
Simple and complex absence seizure: Initial: 15 mg/kg/day; increase by 5-10 mg/kg/day at weekly intervals until therapeutic levels are achieved; maximum: 60 mg/kg/day.
Complex partial seizure: Initial: 10-15 mg/kg/day; increase by 5-10 mg/kg/day at weekly intervals until therapeutic levels are achieved; maximum: 60 mg/kg/day
- Body as a Whole: Headache, Asthenia, Fever
- Gastrointestinal System: Nause, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain, Diarrhea , Anorexia Dyspepsia , Constipation
- Nervous System: Somnolence, Tremor, Dizziness, Diplopia, Amblyopia/Blurred Vision, Ataxia , Nystagmus , Emotional Lability, Thinking Abnormal, Amnesia
- Respiratory System: Flu Syndrome, Infection, Bronchitis, Rhinitis
- Hemic/Lymphatic System: Thrombocytopenia , Ecchymosis
- Metabolic/Nutritional: Weight Gain, Peripheral Edema
- Skin and Appendages: Alopecia , Special Senses , Amblyopia/Blurred Vision , Tinnitus