5 mg & 10 mg
Rizatriptan: Biomigril is indicated for the acute treatment of migraine attacks with or without aura in adults.
Dosage and Administration:
Migraine: Oral: 5-10 mg, repeat after 2 hours if significant relief is not attained; maximum: 30 mg in a 24-hour period (use 5 mg dose in patients receiving propranolol with a maximum of 15 mg in 24 hours).
- Cardiovascular: Systolic/diastolic blood pressure increases (5-10 mm Hg), chest pain (5%), palpitation
- Central nervous system: Dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue (13% to 30%, dose related)
- Dermatologic: Skin flushing
- Endocrine & metabolic: Mild increase in growth hormone, hot flashes
- Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, dry mouth (<5%), nausea
- Respiratory: Dyspnea